What is your favourite browser and why

Well, even on Linux you have to be concerned about security.
cough Dirty Cow cough

2 Likes

Not the only one. I’ve been experimenting with Pale Moon for about a week. So far so good.

1 Like

Vivaldi, for about 2 years now. I find it the cleanest interface, and easy to set up for the way I use the “Series of Tubes.”
(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

1 Like

Nothing compares to Firefox. Security, privacy, efficiency, many extensions. Combined with the idealism of the Mozilla foundation…

4 Likes

Firefox is fast and I have had no troubles. For those not using FF the last update some months (or years?) ago added some useful innovations IMO…

2 Likes

Chrome because I use and rely heavily on Gmail and Google docs. With Chrome, it keeps everything synced across all my devices and platforms allowing me to work on things any time and anywhere. I know Chrome can be a bit of a RAM hog, but honestly, it has never crashed on me (that I can remember), it’s very stable, reliable and fast - even on lower-spec machines. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello all, Just read most recent newsletter from Abishek, and his feelings on Firefox, privacy etc. Dont know if this is right place but i get on with Falkon (Duckduckgo as search engine).

3 Likes

Yes it us and welcome. The question was about browsers and why and your answer fits in here

2 Likes

Nope.
See my post from before…
Any hickups yet?

1 Like

Chrome is my favourite choice because its fast and very easy to use.

2 Likes

Bonjour,
Pour ma part j’utilise en général Chrome ou bien chromium parce que je consulte beaucoup de site en anglais et que la traduction s’opère très rapidement avec ces navigateurs.

3 Likes

DuckDuckGo because I am sick of being tracked, and having adverts in my face. I also use Firefox and its good to use.

4 Likes

I use Firefox, and is my preferred browser, never leave in hand :wink:
like also of Chromium, but prefer yet FF engine …:star_struck:

2 Likes

Hello again, After going for Falkon (in Nov) I now use Vivaldi, mainly because too many sites (mainly semi-official ones) wouldnt cooperate and recognise Falkon. I still like Duckduckgo as search engine for its no tracking. I could also post this in “best distro” as I have liked KDE ever since I escaped window BUT. Kde browser choice seems to be awkward - Konqueror/Rekonq have probably become outdated. I tried Quipzilla/Falkon but they are limited (in my experience). So, for now, its Vivaldi - to be continued

3 Likes

Used Firefox for years, until I found it getting slow and started having problems with adblockers, so switches to chrome, then chromium. Finely ended up with Brave, wich is fast and I get much less adds and pop-up.

2 Likes

Humm…
Before Read this topic I only knew a few browsers:
Netscape
Firefox
Iceweasel
Chrome
Brave
Opera
Now you talk about “thousands” of browsers I never heard…:tired_face:

My opinion is using OS Windows
I use FF developer edition

Why I use Firefox?
I think I use FF since the first releases and I like to use it, never had problems with FF neither security, so I think that’s why I still use it as a FF user

1 Like

i found this post again yesterday while i was scrolling down. as i was reading through, i remembered there was an option to create a poll. i went ahead and counted the votes as opinions expressed in previous posts to date. those are the numbers to the right of the browser name. some posts listed both chrome and chromium. in those instances, i simply chose the one listed first. i took out my vote for firefox so i could use the poll and see how it works. i will get in touch with @ElectricDandySlider to see if this might get moved to the original post :slight_smile:

edit: poll moved to original post

1 Like

Yes find do so it will combine the two it make sense @01101111

1 Like

It has been pointed out that Duckduckgo is not a browser. I am sure that @01101111 made an honest mistake when he added it to the list when he added the poll to my original posting. We are all human after all, to almost quote from Rag ‘n’ Bone Man

3 Likes

Just my 2 cents. DuckDuckGo is a browser on my android phone…

2 Likes