What is your favourite browser and why

Well @TrekJunky thanks for that bit of information I don’t have a mobile phone so it could be in the list after all.

3 Likes

i didn’t realize it was considered a browser on android even though i have it and use it. mostly i just use it for searches like i used to use the google widget. it didn’t click for me until i was making the list that it can save bookmarks and do all of the other things browsers do. a helpful addition i think :slight_smile:

similarly, before this thread i had never heard of falkon. definitely some good suggestions for alternatives for someone who has used the same browser for quite some time.

2 Likes

It is a search engine, you can use in Google Chrome or Chromium, as well, if you want to see windies get it nickers in a twist, enable in their edge browser.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Ups…
Was my fault
I’m testing all browsers of the poll and didn’t found DuckDuckGo browser for Win or Linux, only a search engine

@ElectricDandySlider
Sorry for the trouble caused
I didn’t search other OSs

1 Like

Okay I have checked thanks to @TrekJunky and yes it is a browser as this confirms ; https://download.cnet.com/DuckDuckGo-Privacy-Browser/3000-20432_4-77350971.html . That being said I think we can all agree that it should be on the list as @01101111 put there when he added the poll.

3 Likes

I have recently switched to using Firefox (from Chrome) and DuckDuckGo (from Google). The confusion I am seeing here is that DuckDuckGo has a “Browser Privacy Extension,” not a separate “browser.” It is available for Firefox, however I have checked Chrome and it is not available for it.

I cannot say if Firefox is my favorite browser just yet, but I am very interested in getting away from corporate espionage on my web activities. Companies like Google need to be taught that when they lie they lose, so I’m in the process of ditching them completely.

5 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Privacy, Open Source, Free Software

The separate browser is available on Android.

1 Like

I see. I avoid browsing on my phone at all costs. The screen is too small and I am too old.

Cheers!

3 Likes

I have used Firefox by many time, more precise Firefox Quantum.
However i have switched FF because that not working with Html 5 videos in Youtube
by some strange reason. ( Firefox have support for html 5 ) but no works in YT.
Because it i have switched for Yandex Browser, despite some ADS in russian Lang.
this is a great browser, and i am happy with his.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Chrome Beta but is not shown here. Firefox has too many issues with videos not loading and weird restrictions and Chrome provides built-in VPN.

Can’t say I’ve run into any such issue with FF. Everyone’s experience varies though, just wanted to note.

I’m currently testing Brave. So far in one day, there are two issues. It doesn’t support Java, and neither theme, light nor dark, allows you to easily see the active tab. There is a work around by applying a Google Chrome Theme called All Black and that helps but is not perfect. The speed seems good. The customizability to adjust sizes so that I can see text on my 50" TV better is good.

1 Like

What about FlashPeak Slimjet? In my opinion it beats all those listed hands-down. It features free TouchVPN and opens a new window for each website, also provides an extra, separate search window.

1 Like

Is this browser available for Linux? Doing a search, it looks like it is for Windows.

-Updated- I found it at Free web browser download. Download the fastest internet browser for free..

Glad you found it, yes it’s freeware, installable via .deb and running beautifully on my Ubuntu 16.04 Unity. https://www.slimjet.com/

Cliqz is the only choice, not sending all your info to every webpage on the net, Vivald is my back up, if i cant use Cliqz on a certain computer i don’t use that computer

Thanks for the tip mate! Trying it out now - so far impressed… sync’s my google account settings and now got all my bookmarks and other sync’d data… just gotta check if some of my favourite extensions work… they’ve got buttons anyway… does what I need on my work Ubuntu laptop…

Will check it out again when I get home from work - see if my “sync” works on another install properly… that’s what stopped me going Brave, it’s sync “feature” is a hideous kludge…

My pleasure, only too pleased that you are enjoying Slimjet mate!