Installing open office

I have OS Xubuntu. Installed open office. All files extracted, but can’t find it any where on computer. Tried different searches and tried to use open where I extracted it. What am I doing wrong? Thank you

1 Like

Could you reproduce what commands exactly you issued? Ideally according to the template described here:

1 Like

You can find OpenOffice in the Software Centre and install it from there. Can’t give any problem.

1 Like

I looked for it in the search box. Comes up, when I click right or left window closes and nothing happens. I have it on the desktop, but it will not execute.
I open a document went to other applications and its not there.
Thanks

1 Like

is your machine 32 or 64 bit?

may be helpful

1 Like

64 bit. Still have Libre installed. Thanks

1 Like

@reup51
You didn’t answer the question from Akito! So, how can you expect anyone to “really” help you?
You have to give details of what you did so anyone can help.

Yet, you can try to uninstall OpenOffice and retry the installation.

1 Like

Open office is not in software center. anymore. Since I removed open office to try and
re install it.

Installed open office and extracted it. It came up on the desktop, but when I click left or right nothing happens. Does not show in software that it is installed. Did delete it and reinstalled Says files loaded, but it’s not installed. Had same problem with wine and I just gave up. Thanks

You’re wright I’m Sorry, I ment LibreOffice,my favorite.

1 Like

@reup51
First of all, you didn’t “installed and extracted OpenOffice”. The statement is inverted. That is, first you “download” it, second you “extract” it, only then you can install it. So, when you say you installed it, I lead to presume that you really didn’t.
Given that, and that you have an Ubuntu related distro (Xubuntu) you’ll need the DEB package.
Is that what you downloaded?
These instructions should be considered: https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#linux
After all that said I’m just going to point that OpenOffice is composed of many modules.
To really install a module you can use GUI. Just right click on the file and choose the first option which should be to use the Installer App of Xubuntu.
Oh! I think you’ll need Java in your machine to run OpenOffice.
Another tip: this is not MSW, so please don’t use the desktop for this kind of work, use the “Downloads” folder instead (for example).
Another help site: https://computingforgeeks.com/install-latest-apache-openoffice-on-ubuntu-18-04-debian-9/
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try again.

1 Like