Please introduce yourself

After 10 years with one and 7 years with two, I can only say: You’re right, and it’s not going to change too soon, but it’s actually a good thing.

BTW: Also welcome from me, @LeanLin!

1 Like

Thank you @Mina ! Glad to be here.

1 Like

Hello team itsfoss!

Stacy from Texas here.
Just started going down the linux rabbit hole & enjoying every minute of it.
I have some linux end user experience but not much…attempting to get off the apple/windows train by taking an old 32 bit windows laptop and converting to linux. Once I am get more knowledgable, I’ll re-do the macbook & android phone.
Having worked in silly valley, I can honestly say it has changed dramatically over the years.
Other than that, I’m a telescope geek more than anything else.

I hope as I start on this new adventure I’ll be able to contribute to the group on what I’m learning with the hope it helps others.

Cheers y’all!
Staznix

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, Stacy.

Glad that you are enjoying your Linux journey.

Telescope geek! Now that’s something I have started taking interest in. Yet to buy my first telescope though.

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Then you surely got some pretty cool views of the spectacular Jupiter/Saturn conjunction of last, I guess.

I never got a telescope, but I love astronomy and to take my kids to the observatory.

1 Like

I’m Lionel, I’m English I have been building Computers since the 1980’s when watching someone updating mine, realised it’s a Mecano kit. I have never got into programming having got two of my brothers working as Programmers/system analysts. My main PC is a dual boot Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10 and I have a Windows 10 Laptop for my Charity communications and presentations… An old Windows computer now runs Ubuntu lite. I started with Ubuntu 12 and have been following Foss getting really useful advice and ideas for some years. I don’t feel I have the skills to contribute a lot but appreciate those that do. I need to spend more time leaningLinux.

4 Likes

Welcome Lionel!

You don’t need to be a system engineer to contribute. Often, sharing your user experience is just what others need.

1 Like

Hi @Lionel
Welcome to this community

Welcome to the community, @Lionel

I believe all of us need to learn Linux more. The learning never stops in any field. We all try to contribute whatever knowledge and experience we have got :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am Hrushikesh Joshi. Machine learning is sanctionative computers to tackle tasks that have, until now, completely been administered by folks.

From driving cars to translating speech, machine learning is driving accolade explosion among the capabilities of computing – serving to package add of the untidy and unpredictable planet.

But what specifically is machine learning and what’s creating this boom in machine learning possible?

WHAT IS MACHINE LEARNING?
At a awfully high level, machine learning classes in Pune is that the strategy of teaching a info method system|ADP system|ADPS|system} the due to build correct predictions once fed info.

Those predictions might even be responsive whether or not or not or not barely of fruit {in a|during a|in accolade exceedingly|in a very} photograph might even be a banana or associate apple, recognizing folks crossing the road before of a self-driving automobile, whether or not or not or not the utilization of the word book in associate degree exceedingly} terribly sentence relates to a paperback or a building reservation, whether or not or not or not accolade email is spam, or recognizing speech accurately enough to return make a copy with captions for a YouTube video.

The key distinction from ancient microcomputer package is that a human developer hasn’t written code that instructs the system the due to tell the excellence between the banana and so the apple.

1 Like

Well I don’t wanna reveal my name… I’d encapsulate it, then abstract it as “terminal dweller”. I live in Canada. I got hooked into linux when my frenemy told me to try it(I hesitated at first, considering they almost broke my computer, but it was just a bash installation, then they added a weird command and disabled the GUI). Diehard Debian fan, I got it after my Windows computer broke thanks to frenemy. ItsFOSS? After installing Debian, I got into Bash commands, so I regularly see the bash commands needed and stuff. I expect they give alternatives to mainline things like Word, Youtube, etc. (thank god steam/wine exists) and how to install them via Debian App Store/terminal commands

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am BurungHantu currently living in Jakarta. I’ve been interested about FOSS since 2015 when I started PrivacyTools.io. Sadly I’ve just stumbled upon “It’s FOSS” just recently and was glad to find this active Discourse Forum. I am hoping to find more privacy related FOSS tools in this community that I can recommend on the website. A new initiative was just launched called “GitHub Gems” that is looking for small but great projects that are hidden on GitHub. Glad to be here.

1 Like

Greetings …
My name is Demas and I reside in Alberta. I have been around the 'Net since 1980, had a website that I designed and maintained called www.pcxt-micro.com for around 30 years, which I terminated this year.

I do light maintenance and repair of my equipment (Used to rebuild my tower PC, which served me for 20+ years). At present, I am using Ubuntu 22.04 and following IT’S FOSS for 2 years or more and always learn something from his articles.
Life has been a blast and I just turned 86 a while back … I do enjoy 70 years of accident free commercial, as well as private vehicle operating.

3 Likes

No, I Am too new on the FOSS Community by my neglect.! Too busy following President Trump.!

1 Like
Werner Langer
Germany
My profession is electronics engineer for communications technolgies
My first Linux steps started around the millenium. Linux-Desktop-User since release 5
Ubuntu
I started today at It’s FOSS?
I expect discussions and experience in It’s FOSS Community about any issue within Linux Systems.

It’s my first join to such a community. So please be gentle if I’m to much newbie.

5 Likes

Welcome @hummingbear ,
You will find a mix of things in itsFOSS… linux technical issues, debates on general computing , problem solving, airing new achievements, and a bit of fun.

Try letting us know about your computing experiences… its easy to do a post, and people are interested in reading about ths experiences of others.

Regards
Neville

4 Likes

Welcome Werner! :slightly_smiling_face:
You will find many interesting discussions here.

1 Like

Hello, I am Hardin Scott working at Stupid Labs. Which provides cutting-edge technologies like AI/ML, Blockchain, DevOps, and Data Science to provide the best solutions to its clients around the globe.

1 Like

About me:

• Name Cidney Summers
  • Country of residence Canada (French Canadian but also speak English)
  • What do you do? I survive
  • Linux users since? 2 or 3 years
  • Main distribution you are using Ubuntu is my go to. Parrot when I want to try wilder things
  • How long have you been following It’s FOSS? On Twitter? Over a year.
  • What do you expect from It’s FOSS Community? To find my sweet spot, I want to learn and also teach and contribute.
2 Likes

Welcome @Cidney,

I hope you enjoy your visits here and find the site useful.
I too started with Linux just about 4 years ago. At the start, I have lots of questions.

Regards,
Howard

2 Likes